You can earn $3,500 in San Francisco if you give 240 rides within 30 days. Terms apply.
Lyft California drivers can earn guaranteed earnings and new benefits. They also have the freedom to drive wherever and whenever they want. Lyft California allows you to start earning on your terms by applying for a driver’s license.
What is Lyft exactly?
Lyft connects drivers and individuals who need rides.
- Be your boss You can drive when you want, wherever you are. Take the breaks that work for you.
- Get Benefits: You can be eligible for a subsidy starting January 1, 2021 if you have at least 15 hours per week booked.*
- You’re 25 years or older
- You have a driver’s license
- California plates are available
- You agree to background checks and driver screening
- You own an iPhone or Android smartphone
- 2007 or newer**
- 4 doors
- 5-8 seats, including the driver’s
- California license plate
Don’t have a car? You can rent one through Express Drive with standard insurance. Only in selected cities
- California vehicle insurance
- Driver profile photo
- Proof of vehicle inspection performed by a C-BAR certified mechanic (we’ll show you options in the Lyft app when you apply)
*Starting Jan. 1, 2021, drivers with an average of at least 15 hours per week of booked time in a calendar quarter can begin qualifying for a quarterly healthcare subsidy. To be eligible for the subsidy, drivers must provide proof of current enrollment in a qualifying healthcare plan via Lyft Driver app within fifteen days following the quarter’s end.*
**car year may vary in some regions