You can earn $3,500 in San Francisco if you give 240 rides within 30 days. Terms apply.
Lyft California offers you guaranteed earnings, new benefits and the flexibility of driving when and where you like. Lyft California offers you the opportunity to earn on your own terms.
What is Lyft exactly?
Lyft connects drivers and individuals who need rides.
Lyft – Why?
- You can be your own boss Drive whenever and wherever you like – and take the breaks that are most convenient for you
- Get Benefits: You can be eligible for a subsidy starting January 1, 2021 if you have at least 15 hours per week booked.*
- You’re 25 years or older
- You have a driver’s license
- California plates are available
- You consent to driver screenings and background checks
- You own an iPhone or Android smartphone
- 2007 or newer**
- 4 doors
- 5-8 seats, including the driver’s
- California license plate
Don’t have a car? You can rent one through Express Drive with standard insurance. Only in some cities
- California vehicle insurance
- Driver profile photo
- Proof of vehicle inspection performed by a C-BAR certified mechanic (we’ll show you options in the Lyft app when you apply)
*Starting Jan. 1, 2021, drivers with an average of at least 15 hours per week of booked time in a calendar quarter can begin qualifying for a quarterly healthcare subsidy. To be eligible for the subsidy, drivers must provide proof of current enrollment in a qualifying healthcare plan via Lyft Driver app within fifteen days following the quarter’s end.*
**car year may vary in some regions