You can earn $2,300 by giving 180 rides in Sacramento in just 30 days. These terms and conditions apply.
Lyft California drivers can earn guaranteed earnings and new benefits. They also have the freedom to drive wherever and whenever they want. Lyft California allows you to start earning on your terms by applying for a driver’s license.
What is Lyft?
Lyft is an app that connects drivers to individuals and businesses that require rides.
- You can be your own boss You can drive whenever and wherever you like, and you can take the breaks that are most convenient for you
- Get Benefits: A healthcare subsidy will be available for those who have 15 hours or more per week starting Jan. 1, 2021.*
- You’re 25 years or older
- You have a driver’s license
- California license plates
- You agree to background checks and driver screening
- An iPhone or Android smartphone is yours
- 2008 or newer**
- 4 doors
- 5-8 seats, including the driver’s
- California license plate
Don’t have a car? You can rent one through Express Drive with standard insurance. Only available in selected cities
- California vehicle insurance
- Driver profile photo
- Proof of vehicle inspection performed by a C-BAR certified mechanic (we’ll show you options in the Lyft app when you apply)
*Starting Jan. 1, 2021, drivers with an average of at least 15 hours per week of booked time in a calendar quarter can begin qualifying for a quarterly healthcare subsidy. To be eligible for the subsidy, drivers must provide proof that they have enrolled in a qualifying health program in Lyft Driver within 15 days.*
**car year may vary in some regions