You can earn $2,000 in San Bernardino by giving 160 rides within 30 days. These terms and conditions apply.
Lyft California offers you guaranteed earnings, new benefits and the freedom to drive whenever and wherever you like. Lyft California allows you to start earning on your terms by applying for a driver’s license.
What is Lyft exactly?
Lyft is an app that connects drivers to individuals and businesses that require rides.
Lyft – Why?
- You can be your own boss You can drive when you want, wherever you are. Take the breaks that work for you.
- Get Benefits: You can be eligible for a subsidy starting January 1, 2021 if you have at least 15 hours per week booked.*
- You’re 25 years or older
- You have a driver’s license
- California plates can be purchased
- You agree to driver screening and background checks
- You own an iPhone or Android smartphone
- 2008 or newer**
- 4 doors
- 5-8 seats, including the driver’s
- California license plate
Don’t have a car? Our Express Drive program allows you to rent a car with standard insurance. Available in select cities
- California vehicle insurance
- Driver profile photo
- Proof of vehicle inspection performed by a C-BAR certified mechanic (we’ll show you options in the Lyft app when you apply)
*Starting Jan. 1, 2021, drivers with an average of at least 15 hours per week of booked time in a calendar quarter can begin qualifying for a quarterly healthcare subsidy. To receive the healthcare subsidy, the driver must show proof that they are currently enrolled in a qualified health plan through Lyft Driver App within 15 days of the end of each calendar quarter.*
**car year may vary in some regions